Lockheed Martin Engineering Aide in Virginia Beach, Virginia
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
What does this role look like?
Position is with the Ship Integration & Test team in Virginia Beach, supporting local and remote engineering staff in preparing technical documentation for delivery, meeting contractual technical and programmatic requirements, and supporting customer / internal action items, schedules, and audits.
Will interface with engineers and external activities to:
• Generate technical documentation by combining reports, working with the staff to resolve discrepancies and ensure accuracy, and provide continuity of content style
• Coordinate technical interchange meetings
• Support Technical Data Package (TDP) development
• Review and verify TDP products (cable block diagrams, room arrangement drawings, equipment drawings)
• Ensure configuration management of contract drawings
• Position may require infrequent travel and work in industrial / field environment
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Capable of working under general supervision based on guidance and direction provided by local and remote team members
• Detail-oriented and able to convey discrepancies found in product reviews
• Candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility for access to classified information
• Shipboard experience on US Navy cruisers, destroyers, or littoral combat ships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.