The Gap, Inc. Sr Merchandiser in China
Gap始终坚持乐观酷雅的美式风格。 近50年前，Doris和Don Fisher在旧金山海洋大道开设了第一家Gap门店。在这近50年的时间中，一群卓越人才——我们的员工和顾客造就了我们品牌。 他们不仅传承着奠定Gap成功的基础，同时着眼于未来。他们希望世界可以变得更加美好。
About the role
The Sr. Merchandiser executes and communicates the merchandise assortment plans, financial plans and strategies set forth by the Merchandising team for one or more divisions to support the overall merchandising goal of the brand. They are partners to the IM, Visual & Marketing teams to help drive the day-to-day business in market and is the expert in the customer, competition and marketplace.
• Execute seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Brand’s financial goals. Ensure the financial success of division and market by meeting or exceeding sales, GM, GMROI, and turn goals.
Deliver fully integrated investments at style / cc level tied to Top Down Merchandise Financial Plans.
• Research market conditions in local, regional or national areas and gather information to determine potential seasonal product strategies.
Buyers need to be completely connected and accountable to the Greater China Gap business and relentlessly focused on delivering what the customer needs for their respective divisions
• Research compelling product line and market business and recommend assortment plans based on market research.
• Represent Greater China in Strategic Vision of the Line discussions in NYC (SVLs) prior to Line Creation linked to the in-market briefs from Associate Merchandising Manager, Greater China based in Shanghai
• Prioritize tasks to support global and local strategies and meet financial targets.
• Identify shared and specific market category opportunities to maximize growth areas and manage risk for the business.
• Analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs and buying habits to identify factors affecting product demand. Follow trends in trade literature. Track sales trends and analyze collected data.
• Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
• Understand competitive environment from pricing to product and promotions; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
• Provide information to Pre-season Merchandising team to develop key concepts, items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
• Influence others to achieve results.
• Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (pre-season Merchandising, Planning, Distribution, store operations).
• Assist in the development of seasonal Department or Divisional product strategies that align with financial goals of the season through market research and information gathered and shared with Pre-season Merchandising team.
• Develop and maintain cross-channel relationships with in-market partners and online teams.
• Assist with field visual teams, to create and recommend a compelling product experience in stores, to include inspirational merchandise presentation and simple and intuitive promo representation. Follow up with the feedback provided by field.
• Communicate financial and product performance results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis.
• Understand and recap financial strategies with pre-season product strategies and in-season performance.
• Understand assortment architecture as it relates to the assortment and current business trends.
• Understand and execute the merchandising strategies set forth by the Pre-season Merchandising team and can articulate them to the In Season cross functional teams.
• Understand pre-season Commercial Calendar (i.e. product as it relates to marketing messages) and contribute to in-season commercial process.
• Partner with Sr Merchandiser to drive leveling strategy for the China fleet by division based on space and volume per store in partnership with IM & Visual.
• Partner with the Visual and field team to ensure an exciting customer store experience as it relates to new flow and promotional periods.
• Participate in mid-sight/hindsight to ensure that the China markets learnings are incorporated and communicated to the pre-season team.
• Track and understand CIQ risks per assortment and understand risk in retail and receipts.
• Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best-practices and develop systems knowledge.
Who you are
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Strong analytical skills.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Customer oriented.
2) Minimum Education Level
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
3) Experience Required
• 6-8 years of retail buying experience.
• Experience as a Sr. Merchandiser or equivalent.
• Experience managing a team
• Product experience in buying or merchandising
• Implementation of shorter-term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient and realistic in order to drive profitability for the business
• Articulating and providing input to the product strategy
• AUC, AUR, Gross Margin, Class Plan, Comp, OTB
• Researching product/assortment and making appropriate suggestions to improve product strategy
• Interest/Experience in Chinese market
Gap是一家为员工提供公平竞争环境的集团公司，并致力于打造无骚扰、无歧视的工作场所。我们致力于招聘、雇佣、培训和提拔各种背景的合格人员，并在不考虑任何受保护身份的情况下做出所有就业决策。 我们因长期致力于平等而获奖无数，并将继续营造一个多元、包容且归属感强的环境。今年，是我们连续第14年被人权运动组织（Human Rights Campaign）评为最佳工作场所 (https://www.hrc.org/resources/best-places-to-work-2019) 之一，同时是连续第2年被列入 彭博社性别平等指数 。