NJ Transit Director, Contract Accountability & Service Delivery in United States
Director, Contract Accountability & Service Delivery
Directs contract compliance, oversight and QA/QC initiatives. Develops and maintains financial and performance metrics.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensures quality paratransit service delivery and partnership on the part of service providers according to established criteria and standards, including management participation, driver hiring and training, vehicle maintenance, and safety compliance.
• Directs regular and random audits, field observations and provides ongoing feedback on performance to ensure adherence to contract requirements. Directs analyses of performance data collected through audits of day-to-day operations, unusual incidents, and makes recommendations for remedial actions.
• Ensures effectiveness and adherence to the contract and expenditure requirements.
• Develops, prepare, and monitor KPIs and reports for management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information regarding contractor performance.
• Liaison to Board Committees for reporting on performance metrics, trends, customer feedback, initiatives and best practices. Maintains responsibility for NTD reporting.
• Reports on ridership and vehicle utilization data and future needs projections. Provides recommendations for capital planning and budget.
• Monitors and audits contract expenditures, including detailed review of monthly invoices
• Directs activities of Access Link Field Surveillance Unit including contract oversight and spotter service; report on service issues and trends and propose and implement corrective actions.
• Performs other duties as required by Access Link Services.
This Position Supervises:
• Manager, Analysis, Policy & Implementation
• Supervisor Field Surveillance
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• Baccalaureate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent, and six years of supervisory and administration experience required
• Four (4) or more years experience working for a public transit agency and/or a paratransit system with specific knowledge of demand responsive paratransit operations
• One year of closely related experience can be substituted for each year of education required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Must have excellent knowledge and understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and how it applies to paratransit demand response transportation.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written skills required.
• Experience with contract implementation and oversight
• Experience in management of quality assurance functions
• Proficiency in Trapeze PASS software
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Primarily office environment, off-site visits occasionally
• Must be willing and able to independently travel throughout the State of New Jersey to locations not accessible by public transportation.
- Sitting, standing
- Position is on-call 24/7
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.