Combined Insurance Senior Underwriter, Entertainment in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Entertainment Underwriter has responsibility for new and renewal business for his/her own book of business ($5-6M renewal book and a $2M new business goal) based in Los Angeles, CA. The position will be responsible for driving profitable growth with specific Entertainment brokers in the Pacific, Southwest and Midwest Regions specific to Non-Film/Television related business. Lines of business include entertainment packages, property, general liability, automobile, umbrella, international and workers' compensation.
Underwriting duties will include developing and negotiating price, coverage, terms and conditions for all new business and renewals while actively identifying account rounding opportunities for other Chubb Commercial Insurance practices. Collaborating with underwriters, operations, claims, risk engineering, marketing, and home office management is necessary. Must implement and manage effective pricing and rate strategies that will produce profitability, book growth, and successful producer relations. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, results oriented with solid business and underwriting acumen.
_Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:_
- Experience in multi-line package underwriting is preferred.
- Strong sales and marketing skills are critical; able to position accounts and close deals.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate success in marketing, producer management, new business development, and the ability to successfully negotiate on all levels with both internal and external partners.
- Teamwork, communication, and negotiation skills required. Candidate will need a solid background in risk analysis and experience with complex accounts.
- Possess a high degree of proficiency with the underwriting process and partner effectively with an Underwriting Associate.
- Candidate must have exemplary ability to effectively interact with all levels of customers and coworkers.
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies expected.
- The ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment. Sound decision making skills required.
_Education and Experience:_
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of underwriting experience
/Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
The pay range for the role is $80,500 to $137,000. The specific offer will depend on an applicant’s skills and other factors. This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program. Chubb offers a comprehensive benefits package, more details on which can be found athttps://careers.chubb.com/global/en/north-america. The disclosed pay range estimate may be adjusted for the applicable geographic differential for the location in which the position is filled.
Title: Senior Underwriter, Entertainment
Requisition ID: 354691