Marriott Senior Marketing Manager in Waikiki, Hawaii
Job Number 21099018
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, 2552 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Develops and implements marketing strategies designed to achieve RevPar/share-of-wallet (non-room revenue) goals for departments including, but not limited to, spa, food and beverage, retail, concierge, and front office. Manages all in-hotel messaging to guests. Updates hotel web page content as needed to insure up-to-date accuracy. Liaises with key departmental leaders and teams to assist with developing and implementing marketing plans and goals. Develops, plans, and executes programs as necessary to achieve stated revenue goals. Manages workflow with on-property graphic designer to verify all in-house marketing messages/materials are on-strategy and within budget.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 3 years' experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 1 year experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Conducting Marketing Activities to Achieve Departmental Goals
• Implements regular tracking of initiatives to determine results.
• Updates hotel web page content as needed to insure up-to-date accuracy.
• Manages all in-hotel messaging to guests including, but not limited to: AstroVision, Janus, plasma screens, front desk electronic signage, in-room and in-hotel collateral, iConnect, entertainment guides, duratrans, pole banners, on-hold messages, in-room videos, transportation videos, wayfinding, fast maps, key cards, etc.).
Developing and Implementing Marketing Strategies
• Liaises with key operators of each department to determine goals and marketing needs.
• Liaises with hotel Director of Public Relations to provide communications tools as needed for the implementation of local/regional publicity and promotions initiatives.
• Works with brand Vice Presidents and Brand Marketing Managers to assist with implementation of brand leisure transient and group market strategies at hotel level as needed.
• Coordinates and implements Strategic Alliance partner marketing program elements.
• Develops, plans, and executes programs as necessary to achieve stated revenue goals.
• Manages workflow with on-property graphic designer to verify all in-house marketing messages/materials are on-strategy and within budget.
• Liaises with brand VPs for all local/regional media needs related to non-rooms revenue initiatives.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Directs the work of employees.
• Sets and adjusts employees' rates of pay and hours of work.
• Handles employee complaints and executes disciplinary action as needed.
• Evaluates employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.