FM Global Consultant Engineer II in Woodland Hills, California
The Consultant Engineer II (CEII) position is initially regarded as a continuing portion of an engineer's training and development. However it is expected that the engineer will begin to consolidate competencies and handle field and office work for the most common occupancies and hazards with decreasing guidance and supervision requirements.
This engineer will receive assignments initially of limited scope and complexity, however the engineer will gradually take on most assignments of a general nature. This includes routine regular visits (some may be more complex), less complex non-regular visits (non-specialist) as well as projects that are reasonably straight forward.
The CEII may be asked to conduct small loss investigations.
The CEII will use a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques in solving problems. Resources utilized for obtaining these solutions will typically include a combination of FM Global Operating Standards and procedures, with some modified interpretations of these standards or procedures where appropriate.
This CEII will also serve as the Los Angeles Operation's Flood Specialist. They will help develop and improve current flood assessment and mapping within the Southern California, Arizona, Southern Nevada, New Mexico and Hawaii territory. In this position, the CEII will work with other flood specialists and engineers to develop credible flood loss expectancies and creative risk solutions to mitigate the impacts of flood with the referenced above territory.
This engineer's work will typically be reviewed in more detail in the initial stages of this position, however the need for supervision is expected to decrease as competency increases.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, company car plan, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Hydrology, or other related technical fields (various specialties considered)
• 3+ years of experience in hydrology, including but not limited to site grading, drainage, flood plain analysis, and flood mapping.
•Experience in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS and GIS required
• Strong verbal and written English communications skills
• Good analytical, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
• Efficient time management ability with minimal supervision
• Solid technical aptitude including diverse knowledge of engineering principles
• Valid driver’s license
• Physical ability to climb ladders, lift >25 lbs., balance, and heights
• Proficient in MS Office products
• Authorization to work in the country you are applying to work in
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
Location US-CA-Woodland Hills
Job ID 2022-12442
# Positions 1
Work Location Works from a home office
Employee Type Regular